Saturday, April 13, 2013

Circle of Family by Mia Ross

Reviewed by: Sabrina
Rating: *****



Mia Ross did an amazing job of creating a sweet romance with the realities that life tends to throw our way.

Ridge Collins is a man on the move.  After a rough childhood and a father that was abusive, staying in one place for to long has never been much of an option for this pilot.  Marianne carries her own burdens from a wrecked marriage from a man that tore her to pieces emotionally.  Now settled back home and determined to make a life for herself and her children, finding romance is the furthest thing from her mind.  Until her family and two children decide to take matters into their own hands.  Once Ridge makes a landing in a field near Marianne's house, this pilot soon discovers that there are some things worth remaining grounded. 

My Opinion: 
I personally love to take a step back and enjoy a simple romance.  Not one filled with constant turns and twists or which vampire is going to drink whose blood.  I love a good Paranormal or Dystopian but some of my favorites when I need a feel good book are the ones that leave me smiling and have a simple yet workable plot.  This book did just that.  Ridge's character is so likable, you can't help to immediately feel connected with him in every way.  It wouldn't take me long to realize he was the love of my life.  He's an honest character and I like that.  Marianne's character took me a little longer to get used to. It wasn't that she wasn't likable but I myself went through a rough marriage and divorce and some of the same similar issues with my son and daughter. I went through the same fears as she did when it came to having to face her ex-husband.  I guess in that way, her character almost felt too real and I had to take a step back here and there.  That's what I loved most about her character. In the end, I found my Ridge, someone that adores my children as much as Ridge did Marianne's and in reading this story, I was able to be swept away.  By that last page, I know you will be smiling too. 

Amazon Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors