Saturday, March 30, 2013

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Review by: Sabrina
Rating: *****



Amazing...Amazing...Amazing. That's exactly what I thought about this book. I'm a huge fan of the Hunger Games trilogy so it's hard for me to say this but the Divergent series absolutely matched it and went beyond my wildest dreams on how amazingly good it was. I really hope that the third book is able to sweep me off my feet as well and not disappoint. Insurgent swept me up from the very first page. First of all, what's not to love about Four(Tobias)? Seriously, he is beyond sexy. He IS the perfect book hero and I can picture him immediately with each written word. The heroine, Tris, is also equally amazing to me in my opinion. I can't help but to feel helpless for her at times; however, because she is continuously tested throughout this book. You can't help but to get frustrated, confused, scared, lovesick, right along with her as each new chapter presents itself. In this book, the Factionless team up with the Dauntless in preparation for war against the Erudite community. The author wrote with such clarity and conviction and it had the perfect mix for a war torn dystopian novel. Loved ones are lost, betrayal is rampant, love is tested, and battles are imminent. You cannot get any better than that. My only negative comment about this book: It left me empty inside when I finished it. I just couldn't believe it was over and I would have to wait so many months for the third to come out. Not many books are able to leave you with those kind of emotions, ones that stick with you well after a book is over. This one does exactly that.



Amazon Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors