The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I'm so very very honored that Antonietta from Nette's Bookshelf Reviews http://nettesbookshelf.blogspot.com/ nominated us for this award!
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Facts about me: (Since we are a group of 5, I'm going to try my best to put facts about each of us ~ Sabrina, R.K. Ryals, Audrey, Carrie, & Alaina)
- We are all moms :-) .
- 2 of us have children with disabilites (S & C ~ Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism) so we are big Advocates
- Most of us are addicted to coffee
- Some of us are addicted to cheesecake (thanks Audrey!) (S, R.K., A)
- Some of us have a fascination with history and classic movies (S, R.K, A)
- Most of us love to write
- Each of us possess an artistic ability (art, writing, etc.)
- Most of us have OCD tendencies
- Members S & R.K. are twins
- Most of us love to cook, all of us love to eat :-)
Questions from Antonietta: (I'm answering on behalf of 5 so some answers may only reflect one or two of us since some of our members aren't here to help me)
- What is your all-time favorite book? Pride & Prejudice (S, R.K.)
- Why did you start blogging? A mutual love of reading and the desire to share our opinions on the subjects we feel so strongly about.
- Have you ever thought about writing your own book? Some of us have, yes. Our member R.K. Ryals already has 4 books out...The Redemption Series & The Acropolis.
- Do you prefer to read the old fashion way or electronic device and why? A mix...there are times where a book is more convenient (think bathtub, rain, boat) and others where an electronic device is best (think in bed due to backlight, doctor's office, traveling).
- What inspires you? Our children, it's amazing how differently children can see the world
- Have you hosted any blog tours or done any events with your blog? Not as of yet, but would love to do so in the future although member R.K.Ryals has been featured on 2 blog tours.
- What do you look for when deciding to read a book? The cover art and the synopsis are big pull ins. If both are great, that makes it even better.
- What turns you off to a story? Bad one-liners, sadistic violence (ex. one book I started mentioned chaining up an Autistic child, could not finish it), bad grammar/poor editing
- Do you believe that books should be hollywood-ized? Depends..turn into movies? Yes & No. Yes, I like to see what I read come alive on the screen. I don't necessarily like seeing some details ripped out of a book or changed to fit a certain time schedule, or putting an actor or actress in the role of a character that you can't picture as that person.
- Did you find it intimidating in the beginning when you started your blog? Yes, a little overwhelming. Never knew there was so much involved to get started. Maintaining it seems easier I still get overwhelmed from time to time.
Questions for my tag-ees:
- Is there a specific genre you like to review best?
- What book would you like to see turned into a movie?
- Who is your favorite book hero?
- What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
- What is your favorite book/movie snack?
- What do you look for in a leading man/woman?
- What is your least favorite genre and why?
- If you had to pick a book that stayed with you long after the cover was closed, what would it be and why?
- What is your biggest book pet-peeve?
- Do you prefer happily ever afters or a good tear jerker?
- Kitty Korner Library
- Remarkable Reads
- Bookluvrs Haven
- Magical Manuscripts
- The Bookshelf
- Alli's World
- Book Reviews By Dee
- Bookalicious Babe Book Reviews
- Read, Rate, and Review
- Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, and More